[linux-dvb] how to determine signal strength under linux ?

Hi,

is there a way to determine the signal strength of the broadcast ?
I am searching for a  way to adjust the alignment of the dish. With the windows software there was some kind of strength meter showing some dB values - so one knew if the dish was pointing to a satelite or not. Is there something availible with the linux drivers or vdr aswell !?

Forgive me, maybe its just too obvious so that i cannot find it :-)

Martin.