[linux-dvb] Re: Radio

On Thu, Jul 05, Dave Chapman wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I use my card almost exclusively for Radio, and am developing a Radio
> application for the DVB cards.
>
> This is an X application designed to be used on your desktop PC and uses the
> wxWindows multi-platform GUI library (see www.wxwindows.org).  The UI part
> currently works on both Linux (using the GTK version of wxWindows) and Win32.
> The DVB tuning part obviously only works under Linux - but could be adapted
> for Windows by someone else if they wished.
>
> My plans are to make it a full client-server system with clients available
> for any system that wxwindows support (i.e. Linux/GTK, Win32, MacOS).  I will
> probably be adapting VDR to act as the server, or may start from scratch.  At
> the moment, it runs on the same machine as the DVB card.
>
> It will also have optional software mpeg audio decoding via mpg123 (to
> support the budget cards) and direct recording of the mpeg audio streams.  I
> intend to make the program buffer the last (e.g.) 60 seconds of audio which
> is then added to any live recording you start. - so when a song on the radio
> starts that you like, you can press a button, and that will go back in time
> and add the stored buffer to the recording.

Sounds cool, i like it. I don't know wxWindows, but the GUI style does
not matter if it works.

> Anyway, if anyone is interested in either using or developing this program,
> please let me know privately, and if there's any demand, I'll package up what
> I have so far and release it.  The UI is mostly complete, and channel storing
> and replay via the DVB-S card's audio-out works.  There is no recording yet -
> apart from with my external "pesdump" utility available at
> http://www.linuxstb.org/pesdump/

Yesterday i returned my DVB-s to my dealer, but i will get another one
soon. Then i will be happy to help you.
Please release it. There must be other people interested in radio
only. And i can borrow one in the meantime to test your application.

BTW: Does anybody know if it is possible to receive ADR with a DVB-s
card? Or is there any other card for receiving ADR?

--

ciao, christian

| Es ist zu klein und zu schwach, um seine Eltern physisch zu tyrannisieren, |
| aber es wird jede psychologische Waffe einsetzen, die ihm zur Verfügung    |
| steht: Es wird lügen, betrügen, täuschen, ausbeuten - [...]                |
\-------------------(Richard Dawkins, Das egoistische Gen)-------------------/