[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-X

Thomas,

    Part of a satellite LNB function is to 'downconvert' ( re-map ) the received frequency
ranges of the LNB ( 3.0-5.0Ghz(c-band) or 10.0-13.0Ghz(ku), approx.) down to the 950-2150Mhz
input of the receiver.  You should be able to also re-map 'up' from the broadcast/cable range
5-950Mhz and place it at the 950-2150Mhz range of the input tuner of a DVB-S card.  I've
never seen such an adapter but it may exist somewhere already.  There are surely other
stumbling blocks that probably make this difficult ( channel bandwidth and other stuff ); but
it sure would be a handy little converter and would turn this into a very simple task, in
theory.  Anybody know of such a device? (g)

        Bill Mrozinski