[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-X

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Thomas Schueppel wrote:

> 	hi,
>
> 	I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered,
> 	but I did not find the answer to my question.
>
> 	Or more concrete: Am I able to use the DVD-Playback
> 	on a DVB-C card using Matjaz Thalers Player? If not,
> 	what is the reason?

If you'll use a Technotrend DVB-C card, yes. It is similar with DVB-S
version, except the tunner part, of course. So, you can use it to decode
DVD's or MPEG2 files. I tried and it worked.
The Siemens DVB-C version it's different, but it is supported by this
driver, so it should be able to do that.

> 	Thanks a lot...
> 		Thomas

Regards,

Doru.