[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova - and now ?!

hi,

i've been thinking about this for some time now.

the linux dxr3 drivers seem to get usable (with pal ...) (my impression,
never had the time to test).
the dxr3 needs the a/v-streams demuxed into 2 devices.
BUT, it has (at least no supported) osd capabilities.
it would also feature a usable spdif-out for ac3.

if we could get all of the tools around the dvb-cards more generic
(dtv, vdr, dvdplayer), we could integrate hardware like the dxr3 easily.
see my earlier comment on a general architecture for all these
tv-centered
applications. in short: write a scriptable,configurable frontend (for
osd)
that runs small backend tools for the various tasks (like record,
playback,
epg-scan, program searching, dvd-playing ...).
as always, i don't find the time to do any programming in this
direction.

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:

> Stefan Schluenss writes:
>  >
>  > My real question was about getting only the Nova running (recording only,
>  > because of missing MPEG2 decoder hardware). Do you have any hints about that.
>  >

> Use "ntuxzap -e" or tuxzap with the pengiun button pressed, or rtuxzap
> and dvr enabled, i.e. with -e option or press the "e" key while its
> running or use your rc button (depends on your .lircrc).
> This enables the output of the tuned program to /dev/ost/dvr. Now you
> can open that device and you get the TS for the tuned program. The
> easiest way to do that is a "cat /dev/ost/dvr >test.ts". I now depends
> on your hardware player, if it can play the TS directly or if you
> maybe have to use one of the converters in DVB/apps/mpegtools, e.g
> ts2pes.
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Dr. Marcus Metzler
> mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
> mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de
>
> Convergence Integrated Media GmbH
> Rosenthaler Str. 51
> D-10178 Berlin

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  heimeranstrasse 68          fax 089.540.149.44
  80339 münchen               http://www.plain.de