[linux-dvb] VDR and AC3 out via SB live

Hi,

i'm trying to get the ac3 output via Soundblaster Live digital output to work.

Has anyone succesfully done this yet ?
If so, would you please tell me how to do that ?

Here is what i have done so far:

I took the latest cvs drivers for the SB Live (emu10k1) compiled them and compiled the tool play-ac3.
Okay, after loading those "filters" to enable ac3 output, the play-ac3 with a filename just works fine!
As far as i understand i have to add a "-a play-ac3 -" to the paramters of the vdr call. Or to be precise a script which is called by -a and contains the "play-ac3 -" command, because otherwise the "-" isn't passed through.
So i thought this should work. But when switching to Pro7 there is only silence (someone told me there would alway be ac3 2.0 ?) - and switching back to any other channel (pro7 is the only one, i can receive, which contains a Dolby pid) gives an error message from play-ac3 about a broken ac3 stream.
Is this behavior correct ? And will it work, if pro7 casts a movie containing 5.1 DD ?

Or is this the wrong way ?

Any help would be nice...

 Martin.