[linux-dvb] Drawing with color '0' in OSD

I am currently modifying VDR to use only a 2bpp OSD (in order to
compensate for the reduced OSD memory) and while doing so I realized
that apparently it is not possible to draw with color index 0 over
an area of the OSD that has already been drawn to (with a different color).

Since I coud not find anything in DVB/driver/dvb.c that would indicate
a problem here, I was wondering if there is something in the firmware
that causes this? Please note that the only actual drawing function I
use is OSD_SetBlock.

Can one of the driver developers please give me a hint here?

Klaus