[linux-dvb] Which application to view TS_STREAM

Stefan Schluenss writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > the DVB stuff seems not as easy as i thought. I have a Hauppage Nova only and
 > it seems that "ntuxplayer -e"enables TS_STREAM output on /dev/ost/dvr (cat
 > into file result in an ever growing filesize).
 > Which player should i use to view this stream (or file) on monitor ?!
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Stefan.

I had some success with xine and vlc after converting the TS from the
DVB-s (not the NOVA) with ts2ps, but its not perfect. If you have a
good recording without errors, you can use mplex to convert the TS
into a better PS.

vlc supposedly can play TS, but I haven't tried that yet. It can't
play the TS from the DVB-s. My guess is that it needs the PCR which is
missing from the DVB-s TS. I don't know how to set the video and audio
PID for vlc. If vlc needs a PAt and PMT than you may have to set some
more filters for the NOVA, so that PAT and PMT are included. Using
ts2pes and pes2ts could also do the trick.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de