[linux-dvb] Re: Still about channellists (cable)

Stephan Schreiber schrieb:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm sorry but I have to ask this.
>
> I think I've RATFMs but still I am not able to create a working channellist
> for VDR.
> With Premiere World for example (especially CINEDOM / PPV channels) there
> seem to be some differences between cable and satellite settings apart from
> frequency etc.
>
> I can watch all the channels under Windows, as the original Siemens
> software as well as WinDVB2000 can perform a channel search that really
> finds all the bouquets and channels including the ones that are not active
> at the moment (Formel 1 for example).
> The problem is, none of those programs creates a channel list that includes
> all the data I would need for VDR. There are never two Audio ID's for
> different languages and also AC3 ID's are always missing from those channel
> list files.
> With the list I created in several hour's work encrypted radio doesn't work
> at all and neither do the PPV channels. FTA radio works, and normal PPCs as
> well.
> Why do I have to provide Information to VDR other programs don't seem to
> need at all? Where do those programs get it from?
>
> Or, is there any way to convert a file generated by any known software's
> channel search feature to a format VDR understands with all the bells and
> whistles? Or will I really need a satellite dish to get ac3 recordings on
> CINEDOM DL?
> dxandys Page doesn't help me at all, as it (like almost always) reflects
> only satellite settings.
> VDR is the only application that leaves me with really good recordings so
> I'll not use any Wind*** Software to record movies....
>
> I'd really be happy if somebody had a hint for me.

Hi Stephan,

here is my way, which is a bit complicated, but should work nevertheless.
'dtv_scan' from package DTV-1.1.2 is able to perform a channel search (on cable)
and output the result as a 'channels.conf' file suitable for VDR use (you have
to specify '-f channels.conf' for that). The only thing that can not be found is
the correct setting for the subfeeds of F1/Cindedom. This is because these feeds
are 'dynamic' !! Sorry, from the standard point of view there is NO way to find
these channels (esp. the F1/Superdom), when there are not broadcasted. 'dtv'
performs a dynamic scanning of these channels whenever it switches to them, and
this is certainly the way WinDVB2000 does it as well. If you like to know the
settings of these channels, you have to increase the log-level of dtv to 6 ('-v
6') and switch to any of the channels, while they are broadcasted. After that
you will find the correct audio/video PIDs in the logfile. For AC3 PIDs I didn't
implement a scan yet, but I will do in the next version to give you the
possibility to get these settings as well.

Best regards

Rolf