[linux-dvb] Re: problems with vdr recording

Peter Ludwig wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I set the timer and the recording of this film begins.
> But after a while the recording stops.
> I can't figure out why.
>
> Does anybody perhaps know why?

Have you enabled setting the system time from the transponders?
Since the various tv stations apparently all are located in different
relativistic corners of this universe, their clocks are not always
exactly synchronous. So after switching to a channel for recording,
the new transponder might set the time back and so the recording
is disturbed.

I guess I'll have to change that so that only a single (trusted)
transponder is allowed to set the system time...

For the moment I suggest you disable this function.

In case anybody in charge of one of these tv stations reads this:
HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO RUN A PRECISE CLOCK THESE DAYS???
EVER HEARD OF DCF77???

Klaus