[linux-dvb] Re: vdr hang(no sender switch)

On 16 Jul 2001, at 18:45, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> so i tried to find out when the VDR is hanging(with hanging i mean you
> can switch channel but no picture and sound).
> Have anyone this problem also?

yup. sometimes driver-reload doesnt help either - i have to reset the
cam manually (cam out-in). so imho this problem is firmware/cam
related.

> How can I solve this Problem?

dont know *shrug*

workaround:
use a script that allows you to reload the driver via a remote-
button. you could use for a start my scripts (see at
http://www.tja.org/dvb/ ). i defined a "power" button to stop vdr,
reload drivers, restart vdr.
it helps to mod the make-script for the driver to prevent ntv to
appear.

mfg.tja...

thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org