[linux-dvb] Still unhappy: SBLive! + ac3dec/play-ac3 ...

Hi,

my problem still exists sending digital sound to an external dd receiver.
Following is a summary of all testing:

Using ALSA drivers I can't find a tool for routing digital stream to combo
jack of SBLive! (orange adapter on back of card). So no dd 5.1 sound gets out
of this connector.

If I use emu10k1 driver which seems to be patched in some way makes "ac3dec"
available for splitting sound into stereo channels (using extract_ac3 to pipe
sound stream to ac3dec). No sound at all on the orange jack.
Play-ac3 won't work because of error message "open: file or directory does not
exist!". Both play-ac3 and "test.ac3" (extracted stream do exist). Btw:
play-ac3 seems to be no solution because you only can give it a file name for
sound input ... (and: yes, I loaded the patched route for digital out with
"make load" from the play-ac3 source directory).
Beside that the README of the emu10k1 driver tells me, that newer models of
SBLIve with the combo jack for both digital out and analog are not supported.
Do I have an old driver version?

If I use the ALSA driver "snd-card-emu10k1" and start alsamixer I don't see
any channel or "checkbox" to enable "digital sound". This is possible within
So I'm a little confused right now and I think come to a dead end.

Does anyone have a conclusion?

Best regards,
Jens Hauser

j.a.m. GmbH
Computer, Systemberatung, Webhosting, Softwareentwicklung
Eschersheimer Landstraße 471
60431 Frankfurt am Main
fon (069) 46 09 88 - 13
fax (069) 46 09 88 - 78