[linux-dvb] Re: SMP-System freezes when switching channels with VDR

hi,

Andreas Hahn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use the latest DVB-driver (0.9-20010618) on a 2-way Pentium Pro machine with
> kernel 2.4.6-64GB-SMP and glibc 2.2.2. The driver loads well, I start VDR and
> when I start switching channels the system freezes. Since I just want to use
> VDR I haven't compiled tuxzapp etc., but I don't suspect VDR to be the problem
> (it runs as a nobody user anyway). When I boot the system with the "nosmp"
> parameter everything works fine.
>
> Is this a known issue for SMP machines? Is there anything to get around this?

at least for me ;-). i tested vdr on my smp maschine some times ago:
i could switch, but recording stopped after some time.

never got any comments on smp beyond: i cannot test, i have no smp
maschine.

> Thanks for all help,
> Andreas
>
> --
> Info:

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  heimeranstrasse 68          fax 089.540.149.44
  80339 münchen               http://www.plain.de