[linux-dvb] Re: 16:9-signalling?

Am 22.07.2001, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> ...

> Try the latest CVS driver version.
> According to Ralph this one should do the Wide Screen Signalling (WSS)
> via line 23. You do need to set VDR's VideoFormat Setup parameter to
"16:9",
> though, so that it tells the driver to actually deliver 16:9 signals.

I tried and it worked. But with the new VDR/driver I get other problems:

When I try to watch encrypted channels, the transfer-mode is somewhat
broken. The picture of the previuos channel freezes and I can only hear
the sound of the encrypted one, which has lots of disturbances. When I
switch my AV-Receiver to the TV-Out of the 2nd card with the CAM,
everything looks fine. The data which is recorded/transferred is corrupt.
I had the same problem with the old 0.8-driver and VDR 0.7x, but only
with channels with a symbol-rate of 22000 (C+1/2 NL), not with 27500
(Premiere). With VDR-0.83 and the 06-22-CVS-driver, all was OK, even with
22000-channels. Now, with VDR0.84 and the latest CVS from today, it
sometimes works with Premiereworld, but in most cases it is broken. When
I switch back to 0.83 and CVS0622, it is OK... except for the well-known
channel-switching-problems.
I also tried VDR0.84 with the old driver from 06/22 and the
transfer-mode-stuff is working then (of course, the new OSD is not
working correctly with this old driver), so i'm quite sure it must be a
driver problem.
I have 2 old Hauppauge-cards and a IRDETO SE4.7. I have a PW-Abo and a
friend of mine has a card for the dutch paytv-package.

CU,   Marcus

P.S.: I will be away until wednesday, so I won't be able to read the
list.