[linux-dvb] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: VDR 0.84 and EPG

> Sounds like the (well know) driver problem with switching channels.
> Every now and then the driver gets into a state where it fails to set
> one or more of the PIDs, and therefore VDR assumes the channels was not
> set correctly. What we really need is a more stable channel switching in
the
> driver - or somebody who finds a flaw in VDR's channel switching code (see
dvbapi.c,
> function cDvbApi::SetChannel).

I have done som channel switching test between Sat1 and
Pro7, and after just a couple of switches ( < 10) I get a black
screen, and these log messages:
switching to channel 52
switching to channel 51
switching to channel 52
ERROR: channel 52 not sync'ed!
panic level: 0
retrying
ERROR: channel 52 not sync'ed!
panic level: 1
retrying
ERROR: channel 52 not sync'ed!
panic level: 2
retrying

I tracked this down to the automatic FEC sensing, and tried this:

if not ChannelSynced
  set FEC_inner = FEC_3_4  (this is the correct FEC for Sat1 and Pro7)
  ioctl(fd_qpskfe, QPSK_TUNE, &qpsk)

This works every time. This is the log:

switching to channel 52
switching to channel 51
switching to channel 52
ERROR: channel 52 not sync'ed!   <- FEC_AUTO
switching to channel 51
ERROR: channel 51 not sync'ed!
switching to channel 52
ERROR: channel 52 not sync'ed!
switching to channel 51
ERROR: channel 51 not sync'ed!
switching to channel 1

So it looks like the automatic FEC sensing in the driver/firmware
fails from time to time.

Jørgen