[linux-dvb] Re: Transfer mode doesn't work

Roland Praml wrote:

> Hi,
> I've the following configuration:
>
> WinTV-DVB-s connected to ASTRA-LNB
> WinTV-Nova connected to a 22khz switch
> the switch is connected to ASTRA & Eutelsat - LNB
>
> DVB-S ----------- Astra (9,75/10,6)
>                    /
> Nova  ----- 22khz <
>                    \
>                   Eutelsat (9,75)
>
> So I can recieve the highband from Astra and the lowband from
> Eutelsat.
> For the channels that I recieve from Eutelsat, I've set the CA
> parameter to the Nova card.
> Unfortunately, I can only switch exactly one times to a
> Eutelsat channel (i.e. activate the transfer mode) then
> I have to restart VDR if I want to see an other Eutelsat channel.
> But recording from the Nova card works.
>
> So I think there is a bug in the transfer mode.
> (or my configuration is a little bit exotic)

Please try adding the following line in the cDvbApi::SetChannel() function:

  if (this == PrimaryDvbApi && Ca && Ca != Index() + 1) {
     cDvbApi *CaDvbApi = GetDvbApi(Ca, 0);
     if (CaDvbApi) {
        if (!CaDvbApi->Recording()) {
           if (CaDvbApi->SetChannel(ChannelNumber, FrequencyMHz, Polarization, Diseqc, Srate, Vpid, Apid1, Apid2, Dpid1, Dpid2, Tpid, Ca, Pnr)) {
+             usleep(500000); // avoids distortions (apparently switching into replay mode immediately after tuning causes problems)
              SetModeReplay();
              transferringFromDvbApi = CaDvbApi->StartTransfer(fd_video);
              }
           }
        }
     }