[linux-dvb] Re: Cuttings

Manfred Schmidt-Voigt wrote:

> Dear Klaus,
>
> is it possible to get single files at the cutting boundarys after cutting
> off the commercials and not calculating new files based on the maxfilesize.
> I had some problems in the past (version VDR 0.82) with the files after
> mplexing it to an MPEG2 stream for further on processing for the windows
> world behind the cutting marks. Audio is sometimes lost. I don't know if the
> mplex tool is that bad or if the cutting is not that accurate if its not at
> a GOP boudary. Also pvastrumento was not able to save the audio.
>
> One solution could be to cut every peace seperatly. But I think this is not
> a practical option.

If you want to have separate files for each part, you could try adding the
following lines in dvbapi.c, cCuttingBuffer::Action():

           // Check editing marks:

           if (Mark && Index >= Mark->position) {
              Mark = fromMarks.Next(Mark);
              if (Mark) {
                 Index = Mark->position;
                 Mark = fromMarks.Next(Mark);
                 CurrentFileNumber = 0; // triggers SetOffset before reading next frame
                 toMarks.Add(LastIFrame);
                 toMarks.Add(toIndex->Last() + 1);
                 toMarks.Save();
+                toFile = toFileName->NextFile();
+                if (toFile < 0)
+                   break;
+                FileSize = 0;
                 }