[linux-dvb] Re: DVD playback support for VDR-0.84

----- Original Message -----
From: Andreas Schultz <aschultz@warp10.net>
To: Jean-Claude REPETTO <jrepetto@francenet.fr>
Cc: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 10:35 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: DVD playback support for VDR-0.84

> Hi Jean-Claude,
>
> Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:
>

> > 2) On some disks (Startrek Insurrection, zone1 for example), there are
lots
> > of audio dropouts, and also image jitters. The image looks like VDR
> > recordings two months ago.
>

> Something like this might happen due to the different frame rates.
>
> Maybe it tries to play the video and audio stream at 25fps and has to
resync

> to often?
>
> did it work with dvdplayer-0.5 or with my patched dvdplayer version?

I have tested dvdplayer 0.5 vs 0.51 . The 0.51 works better than the 0.5,
but there are the same problems than with vdr, even worse. The problem on
the video disappears when there is no sound, and vice-versa. Perhaps the
sound processing is time-consuming, and my Pentium 200 is not quick enough ?

 Best regards,

Jean-Claude