[linux-dvb] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Best sound card with S/PDIF output for VDR and AC3/DolbyDigital sound?

Hi Carsten ...

Yes the CMedia 8738 is the Chipset and the Winfast ist the Card. There is
another Card on the Market which you can get from Pearl: Zoltrix xxxx
don't know the exact Name ...

And yes you can run vdr all the time with the "-a ac3dec -C" parameter ...
thanx to Robert Schneider .. he patched ac3dec this way that it only mutes
the inputs only if ac3 data is sent (and not only when the pipe is opened)

My next Mainboard will be with onboard cmedia 8738 Chipset ... I really
like the Card .... And thanks to Takashi Iwai@SuSE .. he is the driver
developer for ALSA .. we stuck together for nearly half an year to include
and fix the AC3 replay ....

Stefan

Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>
Gesendet von: cko@icem.de