[linux-dvb] Re: Still no MP3 support for VDR ?

Axel,

I'm working on MP3 support for vdr. But I don't know when this will be
stable enough to release to the public. Until now I have only programmed for
IBM OS/2 under plain C, so this is my first attempt with C++. There is still
some mystic with C++ :-/.

The features which are implemented until now are:

  - seamless integration with vdr (additional menu item "music replay" in
main menu)
  - display of playlists
  - option menu
  - forward and back zapping through the selected playlist
  - display of played songs in two list formats (title infos from id3-tags)

Replay is only supported in combination with mpg123 and output is only
through a soundcard. So one will have to feed the soundcard input with the
sound output of the dvb card to have both vdr and mp3 sound.

But as I mentioned before: I don't know when this will be in a state to
release, 'cause I'm busy with other things. If anyone interested in having a
look at the code, please mail.

ciao
  Richard Reuters