[linux-dvb] Is there any good how-to out there?

Hi,
i just installed that new vdr 0.90 with DVD support (nice!). Worked fine ;)
(on reiserFS...)
Now i have to:
- get my Alsa AC3 digital output working (Soundblaster live!)
- get my Lirc working (Tekram Irmate 210B serial dongle)
- get a cool startup script to have vdr starting up at boot time (SuSE 7.2)

i never played with alsa and digital output before so i think it will be
hard for me to get this up and running. Lirc is the next peace of software i
have never installed before. And u guess - i am new to linux and i do not
know how to write shell scripts.
So i hope i can find some nice how-to's about DVB, VDR, AC3, Lirc and that
startupscript?!
If anyone out there has written something like this i will host it on our
webpage and complete it with my experiences!

thx and go on with this GREAT set-top-box thing ;)

cu

engel.