[linux-dvb] Re: @klaus: idea for a new simple menu feature in vdr:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 06:35:02 +0200, Emil Naepflein
<Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:

> What I am missing most of the time is a fast way to display the channel
> menu to select a channel. The Humax 5400 displays it when pressing the
> OK button in TV mode. As VDR doesn't use the OK button in TV mode it

Oh, I forgot that the OK button is used for displaying the program info.
:(
As I have programmed everything into my Pronto and have a special EPG
button I hope this this is understandable. ;-)

So effectively all this remote handling has to be generalized in a way
that each functionality has a separated token which can be mapped to
whatever key someone likes. This would be similar to programming the
Pronto remote. But this seems to be a rather large change.

BTW, I use the same user interface on the Pronto *and* the OneForAll to
control both the Humax and VDR. I have separate buttons for going back
to last channel, EPG, P+ and P- and also have in the Playback page
seperate buttons for play, stop, pause, ffw, fbw, jump fw, jump bw and
all the cutting functions even VDR uses the same keys for different
functions in different modes. This works rather good except when
pressing one of the special function keys in the wrong mode. The gives
unexpected results. Only distinct codes for every function would avoid
this.

Emil