[linux-dvb] tech questions

Arpi writes:
 > Hi,
 > Ok. My hottest problem now:
 > I'm trying to playback video-only PS/PES stream (0x1E0 packets only, all
 > packets has PTS timestamp), but after some time (10 sec .. 30 min, depending
 > on packet size and bitrate) picture hangs (like still image) and driver eats
 > data very fast from that points (doesn't block until frames are played).
 >
 > I'm using the test_av.c sample program to play back PES streams generated by
 > mplayer.

Did you switch off synching?

 > I think the main problem is not having audio packets, while card/driver
 > expects them.
 > If I send a dummy audio packet (0x1C0 packet, with 4 0xFF bytes in it)
 > then playback immediately hangs, same effect as I got after some time
 > when sending only video packets.
 >
 > So, my question: is it a driver bug, a driver limitation (can't play
 > video-only stuff) or I just should use different ioctls?

For me
cat <filename> | pes2vid| ntuxplayer -o
works fine. I have only tried playing a few minutes though. pes2vid
filters the video PES and feeds them to stdout.
What is the size of your video PES?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de