[linux-dvb] Re: DivX on DVB with MPlayer - new list!

Hi,

>  > What are the currently supported resolutions on PAL TV?
>  > I've tried many non-standard mpegs with CVS driver, but i could play
>  > less than with aug-22 version. For most files I got black image
>  > (I got flickering image with aug-22 drivers).
>
> We haven't tested much with PAL because most (actually all) examples
> we have for non standard resolutions are NTSC.

I can provide such examples if you're interested.
Or just get ffmpeg, and grab video in various resolutions.

>  > > If you are using the DVB API than this should not only work on the DVB
>  > I'm using the ioctl()s (it is the API, right?), not libDVB.
>  > (my code is based on test_av.c from driver's test dir)
>  >
>  > > cards, but also on other cards using the API. I will test it with the
>  > > Margi PCMCIA DVD card tomorrow. The Margi even supports more MPEG
>  > > formats, as does the EM8400, but we can't publish those drivers
>  > > (stupid NDA).
>  > Ok.
>  >
>  > Btw I have a technical question:
>  > Is it possible (may requires API extension) to get the number of
>  > current visible frame? (or num. of frames waiting in the buffer).
>  > I need it for proper A-V sync when audio is played on soundcard,
>  > not DVB card. (my card has broken, no audio at all, so i'm using
>  > sblive soundcard for audio playback. but it is usefull for example
>  > for ac3 decoder cards or other purposes)
>  >

> That is not so easy to do. Most cards have an extra microcode which
> handles the buffer and synching itself. And even if you can get
> information about it. The answer to a user space request may be too
> slow.
Few ms (even few frame time) isn't problem for me. But currently I get up to
2 second delay which is annoying. :(

>  > If it isn't possible, then I have another idea to fix:
>  > Does the card use a fixed length buffer for video/pes stream?
>  > Then I can assume it is full and calculate how many frames are
>  > waiting there. (I have to save frame sizes in my code, but it
>  > isn't big problem)
>  >

> The buffers for the DVB card is constant. For some other cards it
How can I retrieve buffer size? Which is constant: video stream or PES
(video+audio) ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu