[linux-dvb] Re: black Screen

Hi,

I have here a similar problem (switching from SAT.1 to RTL ends
in showing up Travel-Channel). I had a look at the vdr and driver
code the last weekend and found out that this problem is caused
by the diseqc-code (without diseqc, switching never fails). But so
far, vdr and the driver seem to be ok (only the 13/18V-switching
within the seqSendSequence function should be done first acc. to
diseqc-specs from eutelsat, but changing this didn't solve my
problem although I noticed some better results).
So there are two attempts trying to solve the problem ... first
would be to investigate the diseqc-code, but I assume that the
main problems with this are caused by "daempfung" of sat-cable .
But I didn't care about the old driver ... reading your mail I think
I'll give it another try.
Second attempt (only for 2-satellite-inst. with toneburst-capable-
equipment) is to use toneburst instead of diseqc-signaling for
sat-pos-switching, I changed vdr to use Toneburst instead of diseqc-
signaling, but this failed ... but I don't know if my Loop-Thru-
LNB is capable of doing toneburst and if the toneburst-signaling
in the driver works correct (timing) ... so if your switch is
toneburst-enabled and you are willing to test this, would be nice ...
If nobody is interested in such a solution ... I will just mount my
new sat-equipment ;)

bye, reiner

BTW: 22kHz-signaling works fine AFAIK and should ALWASY be used
for Hi/lo-Switching, not for sat-switching