[linux-dvb] Re: load by modprobe (was: Can't locate modulechar-major-250?)

Hi!

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > alias char-major-250 dvb
> > options dvb init_chan=2 pids_off=0 readfirm=1
> > options saa7146_core mode=0
> I fought some hours with modpobe and did not find a good solution for my
> Debian packages - it allways loaded the modules in the wrong order, no
> matter how I tuned modules.conf. Finaly I gave up and used an external
> init script loading modules with insmod from an external directory, not
> controlled by depmod/modprobe.

VES1893 does not attach/register as client if I try to load per modprobe;
rest is o.k. Was that also your problem?

- dvb-0.9-20010822
- DVB-S Rev. 1.3
- Mandrake 8.0
- Linux 2.4.9
- modules.conf:
    alias char-major-81		videodev
    alias char-major-81-0	dvb
    alias char-major-250	dvb
    options	dvb	init_chan=2 pids_off=0 readfirm=1
    below	dvb	tda8083 L64781 stv0299 VES1820 VES1893 tuner \
			saa7146_v4l

Bye,
     Rolf