[linux-dvb] Re: clean RC support for rev2.1

i wanted to include something like the lirc_register_plugin into the dvb
code:

dvb.c would export two symbols:
register_irc_handler(callback) and
unregister_irc_handler(callback)

The callback will be called by dvb.c if an interrupt occures.

The lirc_dvb module will have to register itself at the dvb driver and then
gets the int variable ircommand delivered per callback function.
its something like a redirect of the IRQ function...

dvb.c won't have to include any other headers and no other module won't have
to be loaded before the dvb driver.

Another thought of mine was to write also a directvdr module, because lirc
didn't react very fast in my experiments and i want a rc that responds very
fast (like my tv...)

i hope the idea has become clear...

Matthias
--On Monday, October 15, 2001 17:25:04 +0200 Ralph Metzler