[linux-dvb] DVB-T developments

Dave Chapman writes:
 > With a lot of help from Marko Kohtala, I have been experimenting with the
 > Hauppauge NOVA-t DVB-T card in the UK.
 >
 > With some patches from Marko, I am getting a complete lock (0x7f in register
 > 0x32) every time I tune to the correct frequency.  I have also patched the
 > driver to monitor register 0x33 (CSI_AVERAGE) on the L64781, and am getting
 > values around 0x30 - which I've been told should give me a perfect Transport
 > Stream.

Do you have patches against the latest CVS so that I can add them?

 > Oct 19 16:45:23 damer kernel: dvb_irq: isr=0x00000080
 > Oct 19 16:45:23 damer kernel: fidbirq, dvb->tsf=1, dvb->feeding=1, mem[0]=0x00
 > Oct 19 16:45:23 damer kernel: dvb_irq: isr=0x00000400
 >
 > It seems to me that no data is being transferred - mem[0]==0.  Is this part
 > of the driver is working?  Has anyone managed to read TS data from the card?

If mem[0] is not 0x47 the data cannot be correct and is not passed to
the upper driver layers. So, it seems the data does arrive at the
input port of the SAA7146.

Since you do get fidb IRQs the packet start signals (which are misused
as h- and v-sync signals on the Nova card) seem to arrive at the
SAA7146. But maybe something in the output data format selected in the DVB-T
demodulator is wrong.

Ralph