[linux-dvb] Re: PCM audio in MPEG2 stream

Hi,

>  >  > Sorry, I only have one on the DVD I mentioned above and that's
>  >  > copyrighted. I bought it in a local electronics store a year or so
>  > ago > to get the PCM playback working.

i've 2 vob files with PCM sound, 2 Madonna videoclips.
i've downlaoded them from dvd.index.hu some time ago, if you can't find,
i can upload.

btw it is very simple to implement, for a working implementation see mplayer
cvs, vo_mpegpes.c

create a PES packet this way:

// PES header:
+0   00
+1   00
+2   01
+3   BD
+4   size>>8    (size=pcm_data_len+20)
+5   size&255

// PAYLOAD:  (20 byte)
+6   81  flags
+7   80  ptsflags
+8   0A  hdrlen
+9..13  PTS
+14..18  0xFF stuffing
+19  A0  id
// LPCM header:
+20  07 ??
+21  00
+22  04 ??
+23  0C ??
+24  01 LPCM ID
+25  80 LPCM ID
// DATA:
+26-  LPCM DATA  (max 2048-26 bytes)

I'm using 0.5sec preload, it works fine. higher preload resulted in broken
video (internal overflow in driver/card ?), lower resulted a-v sync loss.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu