[linux-dvb] XML Channel file format

Hi!

For my little remote channel tuning application using dtv
(very useful for a streaming server based on v4l :-)
I'd like to save channels in a quite flexible format which
allows user and server channel lists without making two
formats but only omitting the unecessary data.

Do you know if anyone created a XML format (either DTD or
Schema) for DVB channels ? This would be an advantage so
I could base the work on some already existing format.

There are at least 7 different formats for storing channels,
linux-dvb has 2, dtv has 2, vdr has at least one, there is
a binary/ascii DVBedit and linux mmtools ascii.

I'd really like to have these channels formats in one XML
format which is flexible enough for all the applications.
As there are already many XML parsers available we could
simply create one channel XML parser API for dvb (to be
used from a shared lib like libdvbchannel or even integrated
into libdvb itself, though separating could make sense).

With best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux

-- Type: application/pgp-signature