[linux-dvb] Re: cannot tune any channel with DVB-c

Achim Lange wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
>

> > Have you changed the log level? I believe there should be some more
> > log entires here, regarding the failed channel switching.
> >
> > Please run VDR with '-l 3' (or leave out the '-l' option to have the
> > default, which is "maximum logging").
> >
> > Klaus
>
> just tried with -l 3 and without and -l option, the outcome is the same.
> After channel switching it gives me "panic 0" and nothing else.
> "Funny" side-effect: since today I can see the (C) of the driver appear and
> vanish, but VDR does no OSD any more. Even when I try SVDR hitk menu or SVDR
> hitk ok, nothing happens. Not sure, but it looks like after the start the
> video-output looses sync (hard to tell, because before and after the screen
> is black, while starting it has a short "flickering")

IIRC your log file excerpt contained lines like

  ... panic level: 0

There is only _one_ place in VDR where this line is logged, and that's in
cThread::RaisePanic(). This function is _only_ called from cDvbApi::SetChannel(),
which looks like this:

  if (event.type != FE_COMPLETION_EV) {
     esyslog(LOG_ERR, "ERROR: channel %d not sync'ed on DVB card %d!", ChannelNumber, CardIndex() + 1);
     if (this == PrimaryDvbApi)
        cThread::RaisePanic();
     return scrFailed;
     }

It would seem pretty obvious that there *MUST* be a message

  ERROR: channel ... not sync'ed...

before the 'panic level' message. Since you say that there is no such message, I have no
idea what's going on on your system.

However, to be honest, even if that message would appear, I couldn't explain why tuning
fails on your system. Maybe the channel settings from channels.conf.cable don't fit
your local cable setup?

Klaus