[linux-dvb] Re: LinuxDVB/VDR newsserver?

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Wolfgang Wershofen wrote:
> >
> > Sonntag, 3. Februar 2002 at 17:27 Matt Tovey wrote:
> >
> > > But I worry a bit about the 'German-only groups' idea. I think the
> > > majority of the people on the lists are german, and there is a danger
> > > that important threads would take place on these german groups and the
> > > rest of the world would be excluded.
> >
> > That's my opinion, too.
> > Besides, two lists on the same topic in different languages will always
> > have a high degree of duplication but will never be equal.
>
> I totally agree!
> I am german myself, but still I think it will only have
> disadvantages to create a german branch.

Why not start a german FAQ which could be translated from time to
time in English. This would keep the list English spoken and
German people that start to use the dvb stuff would have a
big help from the FAQ if they do not understand the English tongue
perfectly...

<Belgian capable of reading German but only understanding half
of it> ;-)

bartdg@pobox.com                           http://www.pobox.com/~bartdg