[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-CI and access the CAM directly

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> CiMaX datasheets are freely available from at least one of the
> manufacturers.
Can you tell me where to obtain the CiMaX datasheet?

> That's not true. If you use a CAM, the CAM does all of the actual
> decryption by itself.
So it ought to be legal to just access the CAM according the CI standard.

> Why go through all the trouble and not just buy a NOVA-CI card?
Yes,one can buy a NOVA-CI card and use it under Win$.But there is no linux driver support NOVA-CI to receive encrypted channel.

> There also is a card by KNC1 which comes with a connector for a CI
> interface.
Can you tell me what's the URL and where can one get it?
> There just is no Linux support for the CI features of those new cards yet.
I think the current linux-dvb driver can support NOVA-CI easyly if not consider the CI part.It is a little difficult to support the CI.Since evry thing is open,finaly someone can patch the driver to support the CI part.

Regards,
Frankta

"wNrzǧu[h+-jbm+a{.n+{vڲ˛-

Home | Main Index | Thread Index