[linux-dvb] DVB driver problems

I've got the latest DVB driver from CVS, and it compiles and installs
happily (kernel 2.4.19-r1 on Gentoo Linux 1.1a). However, no software
can then talk to the card, and I suspect it's got something to do with
devfs. I've added the device registration lines from
DVB/driver/devfsd.conf to my /etc/devfsd.conf, but it still seems to be
missing some things, most noteably a device ost/card0/sec0 (I think).
Does anyone have any ideas about using the DVB driver with devfs? I can
provide more information once I've got my internet connection in Linux
working again.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t budget terrestrial card, by the way.