[linux-dvb] Re: difficulty getting Nova-T working with dvbtune

On Monday 01 July 2002 11:30, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Some applications get mislead because they don't clear outstanding
> events from the event queue after opening the device. The NEWSTRUCT
> driver does this for you, so even buggy applications should not run in
> troubles, the old driver did not. Please use the NEWSTRUCT branch, there
> are many other problems fixed, too.

The only example I can find in the DVB driver applications is in szap (not
tzap or libdvb/tuxzap) and it does the following:

  /* discard stale QPSK events */
  while (1)
    {
      if (ioctl (fefd, FE_GET_EVENT, &ev) == -1)
        break;
    }

I assume that this is all that is needed - I'll add it to dvbtune and
dvbstream.

Regards,

Dave.