[linux-dvb] Re: DVB / MPEG2 docs

Glyn,

The first document to look at is the ISO/IEC 13818-1 standard.  This is a
priced publication, but copies can be found and downloaded via google.  This
describes (amongst other things) how MPEG-2 video and audio streams are
encapsulated into Transport Streams.

The DVB standards themselves extend ISO/IEC 13818-1 and are available free
from www.etsi.org.

The most useful place to start is ETSI EN 300 468, this details all the
service information (i.e. metadata) that is broadcast in a DVB stream.  You
may find my dvbtune application useful - it attempts to dump all of this
service information as XML (the -i option).

I don't have any reference for MHEG.

Dave.

On Monday 01 July 2002 14:29, Glyn Davies wrote:
> Hi there folks,
>
> Now I've actually started to receive some signals, I'd like to dig a bit
further into the
> (quite considerable) number of streams I'm receiving.
>
> What's a good source of information on the stream types broadcast via DVB
(MHEG, etc) ?

> I did manage to find a page (once) which covered this, however at the time
I was trying