[linux-dvb] Nexus-s CI-CAM

Hi,
Let me understand.
If I want to watch encrypted channel I need to get a Hauppage CI card and a proper CAM for my sat pay-tv, but, looking at the driver, I guess that  Hauppage CI card is only a power supply(PCI-CAM) with a strip cable.
Am I right?
In that case, why I should pay it 100 euros for that? Is there the possibility to use, let's say, a more comfortable and, maybe, cheaper external box, even home-built?

Greetings

                                   Antonino Sergi

La strenua predilezione umana per l'irrilevante e' il peggior
      nemico della nostra specie!

The tireless human fondness for unremarkable things is the
      worst enemy of our species!

                                    Antonino Sergi