[linux-dvb] Network freeze...

Denis writes:
 >    I got TechnoTrend SkyStar1 rev.1.5 DVB card and latest driver
 > 0.9.4 from CVS on kernel 2.4.18.

There is no Technotrend Skystar1 card. Do you mean Technisat Skystar1?

 >    It's work Ok on SatSpeed service (http://www.satspeed.de) with symbol
 > rate = 14.648 MSym/s, but when I try PlanetSky service
 > (http://www.planetsky.com) with SR=39.8 MSym/s network interface
 > "freeze" very quick. :(
 >    If speed of data flowing not so fast (~64K) it can work couple of
 > hours, but when speed is fast (~1 Mbit) it "froze" in couple of
 > seconds.
 >    I think this problem with filters, because when I do
 >      ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
 > it's "unfreeze", but if flow is fast, it freeze again.
 >    What's the problem is? It's in driver on card's firmware or
 > hardware? Can my card (SS1 rev1.5) work with 0.8.x drivers (and
 > firmware) or only with 0.9.4?

The firmware gets internal buffer overflows if the data rate is too high
and stops that filter.
If you want high data rates without problems get a budget/Nova card.
But 1MBit should not really be a problem even with the other cards.

Ralph