[linux-dvb] Re: porting the DVB driver to sparc64

Hi all,

I have got one minor issue left with audio: On some channels the audio
is very distorted, this happens on ARD sometimes, sometimes the sound
is good.

Other channels seem always ok.

The card I use is a Hauppauge DVB-nexus-s, with the Crystal CS4341 ADAC.
Is this a known issue, or is this never seen before?

> Eddie C. Dost writes:
>  > > Could you describe the problems you fixed and those that you still have?
>  >
>  > One big point of interest to me is getting statistics and more information
>  > from the MPEG TS, i.e. the DVB-SI info sent with the data, the datarates
>  > of the video and audio ESs, and such.
>  >
>  > A datasheet or programmer's guide for the MPEG decoder could help here
>  > is something like that available?
>  >
>  > I work in the Video over ATM (Broadcast Quality) business, so this is
>  > why... I am very interested in seeing numbers about what the consumer
>  > actually gets.
>
> For those that don't already know. The firmware consist of two main
> parts. The so-called RTSL, which is a library provided by TI and
> handles most of the tasks from demuxing the TS to decoding the MPEG
> streams, and the part that is written by us, which just calls the RTSL
> routines in the correct order. In the latter, we never get to see the
> full transport stream, not even the adaptation fields in the
> audio/video packets. The section filters give you the section data, so
> SI information is of course no problem. You can of course get the bit
> rate from the audio/video ES which you can record, but those are
> usually not accurate. Well, audio is, but video can be fake, meaning
> it's just a value that tells the MPEG decoder how fast it should be.
> If you look at the mplex code you will see that an accurate value for
> the bitrates can only be determined by counting the bytes and dividing
> by the time differences you get from the PTS.
>
> For an entire transponder you can get the bit rate through easy
> calculations using the signal rate and the FEC.
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> /--------------------------------------------------------------------\
> | Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler        |                                   |
> | mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
>

> --
> Info:

                                                                     /~\
Eddie C. Dost                              ASCII ribbon campaign     \ /
ecd@skynet.be                                against HTML mail        X
                                                                     / \