[linux-dvb] Re: .dvbrc file for DVB-T (London)

Chris Newell wrote:
> Does anyone have a .dvbrc file they could send me that includes London
> (Crystal Palace) DVB-T frequencies?
This is my .dvbrc for the DVB-T Rowridge transmitter (only used for
testing so it's incomplete):

LNB ID 1 TYPE 2
   SAT ID 1 NAME "DVBT-Soton" LNBID 1 FMIN 480000000 FMAX 778000000
     TRANSPONDER ID 1 SATID 1 TYPE 2 FREQ 489833334 BANDWIDTH 0
GUARD_INTERVAL 0 HIERARCHY 0 HP_RATE 2 LP_RATE 1 MODULATION 3
TRANSMISSION_MODE 0
        CHANNEL ID 1 TPID 1 NAME "BBC ONE" TYPE 2 VPID 600 APID 601
        CHANNEL ID 2 TPID 1 NAME "BBC TWO" TYPE 2 VPID 610 APID 611
        CHANNEL ID 3 TPID 1 NAME "BBC CHOICE" TYPE 2 VPID 620 APID 621
        CHANNEL ID 4 TPID 1 NAME "BBC NEWS 24" TYPE 2 VPID 640 APID 641
        CHANNEL ID 5 TPID 1 NAME "BBC PARL" TYPE 2 VPID 0 APID 660
        CHANNEL ID 6 TPID 1 NAME "BBC FOUR" TYPE 2 VPID 630 APID 631

You'll need to change the FREQ to whatever Crystal Palace's BBC
multiplex is.  I think the ?PIDs are the same everywhere.

> Otherwise, how do I create this myself?
I hand hacked it using the output of "dvbtune -f <freq> -i" (to get the
PID numbers - stream types 2 & 3 I think) and figured out the HP_RATE,
MODULATION, etc from looking at the driver source (the number of each
parameter refers to the position of the relevant option in the enums in
DVB/ost/include/ost/frontend.h).  The parameters are chosen to match the
UK setup, which is documented (along with other countries) at
http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/index.shtml

> BTW I have to deal with the fact that I have two cards:
I don't remember having to do anything about this - I think the
frequency may determine which card to use, or perhaps the tuner program
does.  If not, there's only a few parameters to tinker with above :)

Cheers,

Mike Grant.