[linux-dvb] Re: 2nd ANNOUNCEMENT : First #LinuxDVB reallive Meeting

Hi, nice idea to meet.

Do you need a registration?
Is the attendance for free, or do we have
to share room costs or whatever?

> Still we have no agenda and no plans

Well, personaly I always wondered about
some technical details and wonder, if
someone could enlight the unaware with
a little technical intruduction to it all.
Something with a few slides and block diagramms
or so.

I'd be happy to get the answer to the following
during that presentation: You can start displaying
TV on the computer screen (in overlay mode?). Then
you can possition little x windows over the TV area.
Everything works fine. Now, if you stop the tv program
(tuxzap) in a hard way, so that it can not clean up, everything
keeps working so far, but if you reposition the little
x windows, the TV data will continue being updated
in that areas on the screen, where the little windows
had been in the moment of killing the program. My question
is: Where is the information stored (I mean the information
about the screen areas to be written)? Is it the driver,
or is it the HW. (If HW, this storage may be limited?)
And even more: How does the
info come in there? Obviously it must be reached through
by the tv program (tuxzap), but afaik a program is not informed
by the window manager, if another window appears and overlapps
it. So there may be a bit more to say about ...?

If my question can be ansered easily, o.k., please do so.
Otherwise it could be a guidance for a presentation of basic
concepts, just as a suggestion.

cu,
  Thomas