[linux-dvb] Multiple receivers and one or more CIs

Hi

Reading through the documention under the headline "How many CIs can be used
with how many cards?" found at http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/faq/cache/20.html
I see that

  "Each card has can have one CI but there are reports that this does not
   work with the drivers currently available. One CI in a system with one
   or more DVB cards works fine, tough."

Does this mean that with N cards and one CI I can simoultanously receive
and decrypt N channels with only a single chip card assuming this chip
card is intended for decrypting each of these channel individually ?

Since the FAQ suggests that currently I can only have one CI installed
per computer, then this means that I can only decode channels from one
provider (Canal Digital, Viasat etc.) per computer. Is that understood
correctly ?

Shifting to a perfomance related matter, then does anybody have an idea
of how many cards I can install in a single PC and how many individual
different channels I can stream (RTP) of a single PC ? I assume the streams
are just MPEG-2 TS or PS.

Shouldn't I easily be able to install at least 4 cards and stream of 4
channels as MPEG-2 TS or PS simoultanously without stressing the PC ?

I assume a sat channels is 3-6Mpbs so 4 channels shouldn't generate
much more than 12-24Mbps (plus overhead) to copy from sat cards to the
UDP stack and then to the NIC.

Thanks.

--PMM