[linux-dvb] CI/CAM problem

Hello,

Reading the archives I've found several people had been problems with CI/CAM and the current version. Me too :(

Is there anybody with a stable working CI/CAM?

I have the Fujitsu-Siemens DVB-S card with its CI. All is that version sold for the Activy 300 (I'm using it in an AMD XP PC).
00:05.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH: Unknown device 0006
	Memory at dfffee00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

The CAM is the Philips Crpytoworks and the SmartCard is from UPC DIRECT.

I try to use the current CVS version (2002. 07. 31.) of the driver and VDR 1.0.4.
I had to add 0x0006 to the list of known cards in dvb.c get_card_type().

Without the CAM inserted into the CI, all works fine. Of course only free to air channels available.
When I insert the CAM VDR extremly slows down (5-10 sec. respond to any key press on the remote) and no encripted channels available. When I remove the CAM, works again.

With some magic spell :) I could make it work:
- power off the computer
- remove CAM and the SmartCard from the CAM.
- power on
- make insmod
- start vdr with a free to air channel (must start with it, not switch to it)
- insert CAM without the SmartCard
- insert SmartCard 5-10 sec. later
- switch to an encrypted channel

In this case it works, but if I remove the CAM or SmartCard or the kernel driver it won't work again until a power off and start again...

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Slapic