[linux-dvb] Re: CI already low priority ???

>Ok, let's set up a poll to all readers of the list:
>
>1. Are you able to watch encrypted tv-channels and if, which hardware
>   components do you use?
>
>2. Is it working stable or do you have problems with decryption?
>
>Maybe this way we get some hints, which hardware one can use to watch
>Pay-TV like Premiere under linux.

I have a Aston 1.05 with a basic CanalSat access. Rev 2.1 Hauppauge with CI.
With the modified drivers to support original firmware, all is OK, the
cam is detected EVERY time and work quite stable, with acces to
alternate languages. Some times the CAM crashed ( too fast switching, or
when there is a reception problem sometime the decoding stop ). All i
have to do is to switch to the next channel and come back. It work 75 %
of the time. The 25 % other times, I must 'make reload'. I don't have
OSD ... But ... I prefer to have an Image without OSD that OSD without
image ....

The last CVS version of the driver i tried, i must reload several time
the driver before it detect my cam ... And i don't have access to
alternate languages ...