[linux-dvb] Re: Problem conserning NEWSTRUCT drivers, DVB-C and QAM 128

Lainaus Antti O Lammi <alammi@cc.helsinki.fi>:

> My enviroment is DVB-C (QAM 64-128), and Technotrend card with MPEG2
> decoder.
>
> I tried to change my drivers to the NEWSTRUCT branch, but it seems that
> QAM 128 does not work with those drivers. QAM 64 worked fine. I even made
> this change to VDR 1.1.8 software:
>   Frontend.u.qam.modulation = QAM_128;
> Just before the tuning line:
>  CHECK(ioctl(fd_frontend, FE_SET_FRONTEND, &Frontend));
>
> Funny thing about this is, that QAM 64 channels _still_ worked fine, even
> I forced QAM 128.

OK, I found something. I noticed there was something changed in setting the inversion/qam
modes. So I did some testing in function ves1820_setup_reg0:

- To make QAM 128 channels work, I just forced INVERSION_OFF for all channels. Then QAM
128 works OK, but QAM 64 works only when tuned _before_ any QAM 128 channels. After
tuning any QAM 128 channel they don't work unless reloading the driver.

- Not setting the inversion masks to reg0 _at_all_ has exactly same effects as above.

- Forcing INVERSION_OFF for QAM 128, and INVERSION_ON for QAM 64, makes QAM 64 _not_ to
work even before QAM 128 channels are tuned.

Any ideas? Anybody?