[linux-dvb] Re: Announcement, new driver features

Peter Seyringer writes:
 > Is it posible with the new firmware to write direct in the framebuffer
 > memory of the mpeg encoder. This would be a great future to implement some
 > programs without any complicat algols (like converting them into MPEG1 oder
 > MPEG2). That makes it also posible to implement a WEB browser oder same
 > games on the dvb-s card :).

No, sorry, nothing regarding this was improved in the new firmware.

You are talking about 720x576x2x25 or about 20 MByte/s which
you would need for transfering complete pictures in real-time.
I don't know how high we could really get. Right now we are happy
about 20 MBit/s.
It would also create over 5000 Interrupt/s on the PC side even
if you use the full 8K dual ported RAM with buffer switching
for transfers.

Ralph