[linux-dvb] Re: SAT-technique question

Hi Steffen!

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Steffen Schulze wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to build a VDR with today 2 DVB-s Cards, in the futher maybe 4 :)
> But I have no experience with SAT-technique. I will by a flat SAT-aerial
> from Kathrein (BAS 63 Twin digital, only ASTRA), because my lessor don't
> want a SAT-bowl :(( But I dont now witch multiswitch I should buy. A 5/4
> multiswitch?
> Or I doesn't need a twin aerial and a single aerial also work with a 3/4
> multiswitch for 4 DVB-s-cards?

The Twin digital LNC allows you to connect 2 receiver.
You dont need a switch to use it with 2 receiver - everything is
included in the LNC.
It is not possible to connect 4 receiver to the twin digital LNC.

If you want to connect 4 receivers with satellite you need
- a LNC with 4 connections for operation with multiswitch
- a 5/4 multiswitch

From the LNC went 4 cables to the multiswitch (the 5th one is for "normal"
television&radio over terrestrical antenna) .
And there are 4 outputs (each for one receiver).

(remark: There exists a line-sharing patch for VDR - but you may have some
restrictions - please ask the list for more details)

Georg

--
 Georg Hitsch     ++ mail: georg@hitsch.at
 ripe: gh231-ripe ++ web:  http://ge.org/