[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and 2 DVB Cards (Bug ??)

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:08:48 +0200 (MEST)
From: steffx_dvb@gmx.de
To: Holger Waechtler <holger@convergence.de>
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and 2 DVB Cards (Bug ??)

> > steffx_dvb@gmx.de wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after hours of trying to install the NEWSTRUCT-driver I worked out,
> that
> > > everything ist working fine, as long i have only one dvb-card in my
> box.
> > As soon
> > > as i put in my second card the whole box does not react anymore after
> > 'make
> > > insmod'. I tried that with changing the cards as well (so there is no
> > > hardware incompatibility). Does anyone have NEWSTRUCT running with 2
> > cards, or ist
> > > this a bug in the driver ??
> >
> > Hmm, I tested the driver here with up to 4 cards, everything worked fine
>
> > for me. Could you please tell me some more details?
> >
> > Holger
> >

> > --
> > Info:
> > linux-dvb" as subject.

 Hmm thats strange .. i have two dvb-c cards in my box. As i sayed after a
 'make insmode' - when both cards are in the box the box does not react
 anymore
 and after a while it does a reboot ...

 i had a look in the Makefile and loadet the modules by hand. i had the
 same
 effect, when i was loading the last module called dvb-ttpci.o ..

 any ideas ??

 p.s. i have a suse 7.3 with 2.4.18-4GB kernel

http://www.gmx.net