[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and 2 DVB Cards (Bug ??)

steffx_dvb@gmx.de wrote:
 > hi Martin
 >
 > this is how my irq's look like :
 >
 > ------------
 >
 > 00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 1a)
(prog-if 00
 > [UHCI])
 >
 >         Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 5
 >
 > 00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 1a)
(prog-if 00
 > [UHCI])
 >
 >         Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 5
 >
  > 00:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
  >
  >         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
  >
 > 00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio
 > Controller (rev 50)
 >
 >         Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 10
 >
  > 00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139
  > (rev 10)
  >
  >         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
  >
 > 00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
 >
 >         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 12
 >
 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 (rev b2)
(prog-if
 > 00 [VGA])
 >
 >         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 12
 >
 > ---------------
 >
 > the fact, that irq 12 is used by two devices can not be the reason
(normaly
 > the vga-card is not in the box)

I think, look at the sorted list, there is a problem with irq 5. Can you
disable the USB-Device in the bios or by jumper and remove the driver
and then test it again?

 > i already played around and put the cards in different slots ... no
result
 > i also had a look in the bios ... but there i can not give a slot a
irq .. i
 > can only set isa or pci to an irq ...

hmhm

 > how did you solve your problem ??

I changed to an other slot and the IRQ was fine.

 > steffx

Martin