[linux-dvb] Fwd: dvb-patch for 2.5er kernels

Hi,

as my original mail including the patch for 2.5er kernels doesn't seem to be
arrived in the list, here is it once again (without patch) for all:

-----------------------------------

Hi,

because the dvb-drivers didn't work with the new 2.5er kernels, I made the
 changes by myself. The following patch applies to NEWSTRUCT-driver taken via
 cvs at 09.09.2002. Of course there are still some problems, the most
 important: The makefiles have to be changed. Because I am not familiar with
 Makefiles, I had to use Makefile and Rules.make from some old kernel (the
 kbuild-system changed in 2.5.21). I dont expect devfs to work. Correct me if
 I am wrong.

A little bit more about kernel versions:
For 2.4er kernels the patched is working like the old driver, also for 2.5.0
 to about 2.5.5. It should compile with kernel version >= 2.5.11 until
 2.5.34.
Greater versions than 2.5.27 (including 2.5.34) are not working with my
 computer, so I am not able to test it with the newest kernels. At least it
 worked for my WinTV Nova and 2.5.27. Probably it wont work between 2.5.6 and
 2.5.10.

Installation instructions in short:
* cd to the directory where your DVB-NEWSTRUCT from 09.09.2002 driver is
 located * apply patch
* "cp /usr/src/linux/Rules.make /usr/src/linux/Rules.make.orig"
* "cp /usr/src/linux/Makefile /usr/src/linux/Makefile.orig"
* "cp /usr/src/linux-2.5.20/Rules.make /usr/src/linux"
* "cp /usr/src/linux-2.5.20/Makefile /usr/src/linux"
* follow the usual installation instructions from INSTALL
* and dont forget to restore the Makefile and Rules.make after that

That's it, have a lot of fun,

Martin Fahr.